Restricted Visits and Screening of all visitors
Since our last communication on COVID-19 on 13 March 2020, much has changed in the aged care landscape to escalate the prevention of the virus by regulatory bodies and State and Federal government.
As an aged care provider, Kalyna Care has the primary responsibility to detect, notify and manage COVID-19 at our facility and to prevent and be prepared for the unlikely event of the virus breaching our facility.
COVID-19 is particularly dangerous for the elderly.
You will have seen, read and heard in all media what you need to do to mitigate the risk of spreading the virus including social distancing, hand hygiene and respiratory hygiene (i.e. coughing or sneezing into your inner elbow or disposable tissue).
We are now enforcing restricted visitations and temperature screening for visitors who are here for essential visits only and request for your cooperation as follows:
- All family fob keys and the back door key-code panel will be temporarily deactivated
- Any visitor will have to ring the front door bell and will be temperature screened. Anyone with a temperature above 37.5C will be asked to leave immediately
- All visitors are to only visit the intended resident and cannot walk throughout the facility
- Please do not bring children if you have to visit the facility
- We ask families to temporarily stop social outings with our residents
- If you have arrived from international travel, you must self-isolate and not visit our facility for 14 days
- If you have travelled from or through China or Italy or Iran or South Korea or any new country announced in the last 14 days – please do not visit our facility for 14 days
- If you have been in contact with anyone who have travelled from or through China or Italy or Iran or South Korea in the last 14 days – please do not visit our facility for 14 days
- If you have been in contact with anyone who have returned from international travel, please postpone all non-essential or social visits to our facility for 14 days
- If you have been in close contact with someone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19 and have visited Kalyna Care within 14 days of this contact – please inform Julie Speirs, Manager Care Services 0411 469 900 OR Pearl Forrester, CEO 0406 424 618 immediately and please self-quarantine yourself for 14 days
- If you or your friends and families have mild flu-like symptoms such as fever or sore throat or dry cough – please do not visit our facility for 14 days
- If you have been diagnosed with COVID-19 – please inform Julie Speirs, Manager Care Services 0411 469 900 OR Pearl Forrester, CEO 0406 424 618 immediately
The situation with COVID-19 is evolving rapidly and we would appreciate you to keep up to date with the situation via visiting the Chief Health Officer’s website
We appreciate your assistance to convey this message to family and friends of your resident at our facility at Kalyna Care.
We appreciate your assistance and patience, and thank you for your cooperation to help us protect your loved ones.
Pearl Forrester CEO