Kalyna Care provides accommodation for low, high, dementia specific care and respite. A valid assessment from an Aged Care Assessment Service is required for both respite and permanent admission to Kalyna Care.
Our aim is to make living in care as comfortable and welcoming as possible.
To be eligible to join us, you’ll need a valid assessment from an Aged Care Assessment Service.
Constant care and companionship
We deliver a wide range of attractive aged care solutions, from low to high care, dementia aged care and respite care.
We’re keen for all relatives and friends of our residents to be involved in their loved one’s care, from participating in holistic aged care planning to regular reviews of individual care plans.
Spend time with your loved one in our home-away-from-home facility. Enjoy the amenities, the gardens or share a meal with residents for a nominal fee (by prior arrangement).
We also encourage you to take your loved one home, for outings or on holidays (health permitting).
A full cultural and spiritual life
Our warm, homely atmosphere is drawn from longstanding Ukrainian and European traditions.
We encourage residents to engage in what’s most important to them, including speaking their own language, excursions to external community events, rekindling old friendships and attending the on-site Mass every week.
A great leisure and lifestyle programWe have an extensive and diverse Leisure and Lifestyle program that focuses on maintaining each resident’s health, wellbeing, engagement and traditions.
Take a look inside our rooms
Each of our rooms is comfortably appointed with everything needed for a fulfilling, happy life. They include:
- Ensuite with thermostatically controlled shower, a toilet, hand basin and cupboards
- Non-slip hand-rails in showers and next to toilets
- Nurse-call buttons in the shower, toilet and bedroom, in case of an emergency
- Quality flooring and window fittings
- Individually controlled central heating
- Built-in wardrobes and generous storage
- Bedside console
- Quality light fittings
- Wiring for private telephone connection *
- Most rooms have a smart TV or an antenna connection to connect your own
- Comfortable adjustable bed with all linen provided
- Overbed table and armchair
- Lovely garden or courtyard views
*If you wish to have a private telephone in your room, please make an application for a telephone connection and pay the relevant installation fees, rental and telephone bills.
Friendly respite care
We offer respite care for high, low or dementia aged care patients. Please book in advance, as demand for these services is high – call 03 9116 4100 for further details.
Independent village living
Our retirement village consists of 10 self-contained one or two bedroom units, let to residents for a bond based on the market value of the unit at the time of occupancy.
There is a waiting list for new retirement village residents – please call us on 03 9116 4100 for further details.
Other facilities at Kalyna Care
- A fully equipped hairdressing/beauty salon
- A Café with external courtyard and BBQ area
- A computer hub/internet café
- Non-slip handrails are provided in corridors and public toilets for people with mobility difficulties
- 10 seater bus with wheelchair hoist for Lifestyle outings
- Raised garden beds in various areas for resident use
- A chicken coup and picking garden full of herbs and fruit trees
- GP room and specially equipped Physiotherapy Room